Teachers are often considered to be the architects of the future and hold within their hands the power to shape the course of destiny as they are the people responsible for molding young minds and providing them with the tools and skills to learn, understand and explore the world around them. As such, they are the most important people after a child’s parents and have a major role in determining the way a child will turn out as they approach adulthood. But as the Spiderman quote by uncle Ben goes, “With great power, comes great responsibility.” and this is particularly true in the case of the people responsible in bringing academic, social and moral values into the lives of so many children and being a role model to them. This blog post is designed to tell you the importance of self-education, which is a constant process that will allow you to improve your own knowledge, and also bring a lot more variety and value into the lives of your students.
Start Preparing For CTET online With CTET Online Prep
A teacher is, first and foremost, a person responsible for bringing new knowledge and information to the classroom and presenting it in a way that makes is fun and memorable for kids. To do this effectively in the day and age of fast moving technology and rapid information dissemination is not very difficult, provided you know how. There are a large number of online resources and tutorials that can help you stay up to date and make the overall classroom experience a pleasure for everyone.
1. Keeping up to date with the latest teaching techniques:
As more and more studies are done into effective teaching styles and techniques, we find that there is always a more efficient way to help students learn better and excel at academics. It falls on the teachers to take the responsibility to keep integrating these new techniques into the classroom sessions to maximize the benefits to the students.
2. Integration of technology into the classroom:
Students today are incredibly technologically savvy and the old blackboard method of teaching fails to stimulate them due to the constant influx of high quality audio visual information they are constantly subjected to. Teachers that realize this trend and try to incorporate elements of technology like Audio-visual props to create an immersive environment for their students are more likely to get great results.
Free CTET Previous Year Papers
3. Extensive research into the subject matter being taught:
Studies show that children can retain information longer if they understand it better and from varied perspectives. Researching topics that are to be taught a bit more in depth allows teachers to understand it more thoroughly, come up with some interesting facts and trivia that can make the topic interesting to students and also help the students gain a more well rounded perspective on the topic from multiple sources rather than just the standard text books.
4. Leveraging social media to enhance education:
Social media like Twitter and feedly and many others allow you to quickly locate and filter through the latest in topics you may find interesting and useful as a teacher and will allow you to stay on top of new trends and topics as they emerge, allowing you to bring fresh and relevant information to your students every day.
Follow these steps and you will definitely notice a marked improvement in the way students respond to your classes and they will have a memorable time and it will be a rewarding experience that will benefit them immensely.
Once the CTET exams are over people are in dilemma about what to do next? Let’s figure it out.
The first step is to analyze and understand how the CTET exam went. The best way to do this is to go through the question paper and answer keys. If not, you can get access to answer key paper 1, answer key Paper 2 which will be available soon on the CTET’s official site ctet.nic.in.
If the cut off does not crosses the 60% criteria, don’t worry, prepare again. Check what your weak points are and work on that. Qualifying CTET is not much difficult and you still have got 5 months to do so. First of all understand the examination pattern and syllabus. Then plan your preparations accordingly. Practice more mocks this time and also focus on child pedagogy.
Take help of answer key of the set accordingly, and check your best performance subject and your worst performance subject. After analyzing this it will become easier to plan your study time table.
If you are expecting your cut off to be above 60%, congratulations that you have qualified the CTET exam. But there is one more side of the story; merely a cut off wont ensure your seat as a teacher. As stated on the CBSE CTET site, qualifying the CTET would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/employment as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for appointment.
For those who are qualifying the exam, there are more than 18,000 CBSE affiliated schools in the country and all of them have to follow this mandate to hire teachers with CTET qualification only. CTET certificate holders are also eligible to teach in Government school under State Government. Although, most of the states conduct their own TET, but CTET certificate is considered in many State schools.Once you qualify the CTET exam, you are eligible to apply for primary teachers and TGT posts in Central Government Schools such as Army Schools, Central CBSE Schools/KVS, and Navodaya Samithi Schools.
Anyway, to get a career in teaching after qualifying the CTET exam you need to apply to different government and private organizations. Be in contact with employment related news and search regarding educator opening. After applying, one may need to confront written test and face to face meeting depending on the schools you are applying for.
Following the above steps will be of great help. Be confident and sure of your success. All the best.
CTET 2016 exams are approaching fast. You all have worked hard. Now this is the time to finely change your preparation into success. To help you in this CTET Online Prep is presenting few points that you need to keep in mind few days before CTET exam.
Following points will help you in succeeding in CTET exam:
• Plan your test taking strategy – You have done all the preparation. Now is the time to decide what your right strategy will be. Decide here the amount of time you would like to give to each questions. Which section
• Give more & more mock tests – The more mocks you give the more you come to know about your strengths and weaknesses. Moreover mocks also helps you in letting you know the pattern of actual exam. There are various sites helping in this. One of them is CTET Online Prep where you can also get other course material for CTET preparation.
• Do not try to learn everything now – Nobody can learn everything. So don’t try to cover everything under sun. Instead make yourself stronger in the topics you are good at.
• Do not learn new, but focus on old - Don’t start a new topic, but revise and practice the topics you are already strong in. This will ensure that you will not lose marks at what you are already good at.
• Focus on Pedagogy – Pedagogy is very important for CTET exams. Around 30% of whole CTET Exam contains Child pedagogy questions. So, prepare very well for this section. You can find specially designed Child Pedagogy content on our site CTET Online Prep.
• Do not learn new concepts in Mathematics – Mathematics is not something you can just mug up, it takes a lot of practice to get perfect in it. So if you don’t know a mathematics concept this is not the best time to start learning it now. Instead, as already said, practice that in what you are already good at.
• Do solve previous year question papers – Solving previous question papers gives you confidence, and also let you know your weaknesses. Previous year papers can be found for free on CTET Online Prep.
• Work on your weaknesses you get to know in this time period – After solving all those previous year papers, mock tests you will know where you are lagging behind. Make your weakness your strength. If not, your practice will be of no use.
• Also practice filling model of answers – It is present on the official CTET site. This will familiarize you with the structure of the answer sheet.
• Relax, eat & sleep well – Don’t panic. Eat good, sleep well. This will keep your morale high and eventually help you concentrate well for the exams. In a healthy and happy body lies a healthy brain and happy brain. We wish you all the best for your CTET exam. May you all come out with flying colors! From Team CTET Online Prep.
CTET Benefits And Motivation
Tips and Tricks to crack CTET 2016