Once the CTET exams are over people are in dilemma about what to do next? Let’s figure it out.
The first step is to analyze and understand how the CTET exam went. The best way to do this is to go through the question paper and answer keys. If not, you can get access to answer key paper 1, answer key Paper 2 which will be available soon on the CTET’s official site ctet.nic.in.
If the cut off does not crosses the 60% criteria, don’t worry, prepare again. Check what your weak points are and work on that. Qualifying CTET is not much difficult and you still have got 5 months to do so. First of all understand the examination pattern and syllabus. Then plan your preparations accordingly. Practice more mocks this time and also focus on child pedagogy.
Take help of answer key of the set accordingly, and check your best performance subject and your worst performance subject. After analyzing this it will become easier to plan your study time table.
If you are expecting your cut off to be above 60%, congratulations that you have qualified the CTET exam. But there is one more side of the story; merely a cut off wont ensure your seat as a teacher. As stated on the CBSE CTET site, qualifying the CTET would not confer a right on any person for recruitment/employment as it is only one of the eligibility criteria for appointment.
For those who are qualifying the exam, there are more than 18,000 CBSE affiliated schools in the country and all of them have to follow this mandate to hire teachers with CTET qualification only. CTET certificate holders are also eligible to teach in Government school under State Government. Although, most of the states conduct their own TET, but CTET certificate is considered in many State schools.Once you qualify the CTET exam, you are eligible to apply for primary teachers and TGT posts in Central Government Schools such as Army Schools, Central CBSE Schools/KVS, and Navodaya Samithi Schools.
Anyway, to get a career in teaching after qualifying the CTET exam you need to apply to different government and private organizations. Be in contact with employment related news and search regarding educator opening. After applying, one may need to confront written test and face to face meeting depending on the schools you are applying for.
Following the above steps will be of great help. Be confident and sure of your success. All the best.
CTET 2016 exams are approaching fast. You all have worked hard. Now this is the time to finely change your preparation into success. To help you in this CTET Online Prep is presenting few points that you need to keep in mind few days before CTET exam.
Following points will help you in succeeding in CTET exam:
• Plan your test taking strategy – You have done all the preparation. Now is the time to decide what your right strategy will be. Decide here the amount of time you would like to give to each questions. Which section
• Give more & more mock tests – The more mocks you give the more you come to know about your strengths and weaknesses. Moreover mocks also helps you in letting you know the pattern of actual exam. There are various sites helping in this. One of them is CTET Online Prep where you can also get other course material for CTET preparation.
• Do not try to learn everything now – Nobody can learn everything. So don’t try to cover everything under sun. Instead make yourself stronger in the topics you are good at.
• Do not learn new, but focus on old - Don’t start a new topic, but revise and practice the topics you are already strong in. This will ensure that you will not lose marks at what you are already good at.
• Focus on Pedagogy – Pedagogy is very important for CTET exams. Around 30% of whole CTET Exam contains Child pedagogy questions. So, prepare very well for this section. You can find specially designed Child Pedagogy content on our site CTET Online Prep.
• Do not learn new concepts in Mathematics – Mathematics is not something you can just mug up, it takes a lot of practice to get perfect in it. So if you don’t know a mathematics concept this is not the best time to start learning it now. Instead, as already said, practice that in what you are already good at.
• Do solve previous year question papers – Solving previous question papers gives you confidence, and also let you know your weaknesses. Previous year papers can be found for free on CTET Online Prep.
• Work on your weaknesses you get to know in this time period – After solving all those previous year papers, mock tests you will know where you are lagging behind. Make your weakness your strength. If not, your practice will be of no use.
• Also practice filling model of answers – It is present on the official CTET site. This will familiarize you with the structure of the answer sheet.
• Relax, eat & sleep well – Don’t panic. Eat good, sleep well. This will keep your morale high and eventually help you concentrate well for the exams. In a healthy and happy body lies a healthy brain and happy brain. We wish you all the best for your CTET exam. May you all come out with flying colors! From Team CTET Online Prep.
CTET Benefits And Motivation
Tips and Tricks to crack CTET 2016
The role of a centralized education system in a country is very important and in a big country like India this role even increases. Ina-centralized educational system the responsibility of maintaining the quality of education lies with the center so that the students of a country may become better citizens and teachers in future. So to achieve this objective the central government adopts various measures from time to time. So continuing with this series of measures, the Central Board of students’ Education (CBSE) started the CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) few years back as the minimum eligibility requirement for become teachers in central schools for the B.Ed. trained young students of the country. The aim of this exam is to recruit best teachers for the government schools who can contribute towards the country’s development. Till now there was no minimum eligibility required for being teachers as like NET (National Eligibility Test) which is conducted for being lecturers in degree colleges, but now the government has taken a good step by introducing CTET. The other state governments have also adopted their individual TET (Teacher Eligibility Test) on the lines of CTET like UTET for Uttrakhand and H TET for Haryana etc.
If we talk of benefits of CTET,they are many. Let us summarize below:-
•The standard of the exam:-The level of question papers of CTET exam is pretty high. Only students who have in-depth knowledge of their subject are able to crack the exam. As there is a proverb which says “Learning without understanding is no learning at all.”Students who do not believe in this axiom and believe in only cramming the concepts cannot get through in this exam.Thus the introduction of CTET will improve the quality of teachers in government schools.
•Transparency in system:-The introduction of CTET has ensured better transparency and accountability in India’s educational system. There is only one exam for the whole country, the benefit of which is that the schools of the whole country have same quality of education.Thus,the accountability of future teachers lies with them only.
•The pattern of syllabus:-The pattern for CTET exam has been designed in such a way that it includes all those topics which are essential for a teacher to know like knowledge of child pedagogy, general English, general Hindi, Science and Mathematics for students of science stream and social studies for students of other streams.
•The use of technology in exam:-The evaluation of CTET question papers is done on OMR sheet which has set an example of best use of Information Technology and the use of online application has also contributed in this direction.
•Flexibility in evaluating answer sheets:-Today the use of negative marking has become common in all exams, which is a deterrent in getting good marks, but there is no provision of negative marking in this exam, which will ensure more students to pass this exam.
•Improvement in the standard of Govt. schools:-Most government schools have failed to attract the attraction of elite class in the society. Introduction of CTET will help the image of government schools to improve and elevate their importance in society.
•The reduced number of applicants for the jobs:-Till now all B.Ed. degree possessing individuals appeared for any post whose aim was to recruit PGT-TGT teachers for govt. schools. The Introduction of CTET has put a limit to number of such aspirants.
•Long time validity of CTET certificate:-After qualifying CTET exam once, there is no need to appear in this exam for the next five years. This will ensure for the students who want to be teacher to concentrate more on their studies. It has been seen that parents are afraid to send their child to government schools. Now there is only a need to motivate them to changing their attitude towards government schools .It is possible in many ways such as:-
•Opportunity to work in better environment for both teachers and students:-Introduction of CTET has paved the way for good quality education of government schools and increases the interest of parents, teachers and students to study in such schools. Now there is a need to motivate them by giving right direction.
•Coveted job:-In our society teacher’s job has been considered as neglected one. Now as the quality of education in such schools will improve, there is a need to motivate parents and aspirants towards these schools. This step has ensured that teachers get better pay and all other allowances.
•Removal of illusion: - Sometimes ago government issued a notification that it is necessary for the children of all government officials to study in only government schools. But there is no implementation of this till now. Now with the improvement in the quality of government schools this step will motivate the government officials and other high ranking officers to send their children to such schools.
•Conclusion: - When government takes any step with an aim to improve the level of its people, development is indispensable. We hope that introduction of CTET will fulfill its objectives and make India a better country in all ways.